Here to help ...
Simona Jellinek graduated from the University of Toronto with an Honours B.A., before attending Osgoode Hall Law School. She was called to the bar in 1996.
Simona represented her first survivor of sexual assault in 1998, and it was an experience that ultimately defined her career in law. Since then, she has distinguished herself by successfully advocating on behalf of countless survivors of sexual assault – both men and women.
Simona’s clients come from across North America, and as far away as Australia. Her experience includes representing plaintiffs in the Maple Leaf Gardens sexual abuse cases, and cases involving the Crown, Childrens’ Aid Societies, many religious institutions, and school boards. She also represents claimants from Walpole Island First Nations in the Independent Assessment Process for survivors of Aboriginal Residential Schools.
Together with her work advocating on behalf of victims of car accidents and other personal injuries, Simona enjoys a growing reputation amongst her peers.
Simona is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the American Association of Justice. She spent nine years on the Board of Directors for the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA) and was recently asked by the Law Society of Upper Canada to co-draft the Sexual Abuse Guidelines applicable to all lawyers in Ontario.
Some of Simona's other career highlights:
- Co-chaired Ontario Trial Lawyers Association Conferences on two occasions
- Twice co-chaired the Canadian Institutes' National Summit on Sexual Assault Litigation
- Presented at the American Association of Justice annual convention
- Presented at various Canadian Bar Association conferences
- Presented at various Law Society of Upper Canada conferences
- Guest instructed at Osgoode Hall's legal clinic for ten years, teaching advocacy skills and ethics
- Guest lectured at Queen's University Faculty of Law
- Member of the Sexual Assault Advisory Committee of the Toronto Police Services for seven years
Various media outlets across Canada have sought Simona’s commentary on the topic of sexual abuse, including the CBC, CTV, Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, Globe and Mail, and National Post. Simona has a passion for helping people through difficult periods of their lives. Contact her to discuss your situation.
Simona has a passion for helping people through difficult periods of their lives. Contact her to discuss your situation.